Welcome to mortgage index! On the website, you will find useful tools to apply cost effective loans with loan calculators and specific advice from professional mortgage advisors. Also, you can see most popular mortgage lenders around the world by country and throughout the nation state by state. Check to see exact definitions and the related acronyms on Abbreviation Finder.
The United States is the world’s strongest economic power, with a very versatile and advanced business structure. In 2014, the country is again the world’s largest oil producer.
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at the end of 2014 was about $ 17,555 billion, and the average disposable income was about $ 28,200. In recent decades, the business has shifted from primary and secondary industries to tertiary industries. In 2014, less than 1.5 per cent of GDP came from agriculture, forestry and fishing – and less than a quarter came from industry and mining, construction, and more than three quarters came from service industries.
The private sector accounted for about 86 percent of the economy, while just over 4 percent was federal, and nine percent state and local government. There are major regional differences in business as a result of variations in location, resource base, climate, population distribution, communications and traditions. The total civilian workforce was around 156 million in 2014 (55 per cent men and 45 per cent women), and the unemployment rate was 5.6 per cent. While 35.5 percent were unionized in the 1945 peak, that figure was only 12 percent in 2014. This must be seen in light of market liberalism, which has been prevalent in the United States since the late 1970s. This trend leads to greater income disparities and increasing social unrest in the United States. In 2013, one per cent of the population spent more than 20 per cent of total income.
Traditionally, Americans have almost always been familiar with the free enterprise system, where the role of the political authorities is to organize the conditions for business, but not to operate as an operator in economic life.
State and politics
The United States is a Republican federal state consisting of 50 states and some other autonomous territories.
The form of government is enshrined in the Constitution of 1787 and in the 27 additions it is later given. The first ten additions of 1791 (” Bill of rights “) are considered particularly important for the legal position of individuals.
The Constitution divides the federal state’s power into three institutions: an executive presidential office, a Legislative and Appropriating National Assembly ( Congress ), and a judicial power (the courts ).
A similar distribution of power exists in each state. The tasks that are not assigned to the federal state in the Constitution belong to the states.
Two political parties, the Democratic and the Republican, dominate the elected institutions, both federally and in the states.
The incumbent President Donald Trump represents the Republican Party and is the 45th President of the United States (elected in 2016 and inaugurated in 2017).
The United States is the world’s largest military force, possesses a large arsenal of nuclear weapons and has forces present in all parts of the world. Military service is voluntary. The United States is a member of the UN, NATO and a number of regional federations.
50 States Overview
North America’s oldest history is especially related to the indigenous people who lived on the continent before European colonization. The European conquest began in the 16th century, from Spain, France and England, among others. Of these, England, later the United Kingdom, eventually became the strongest colonial power.
The independence of the United States as a state is linked to the Declaration of Independence of July 4, 1776, where envoys from 13 British colonies along the Atlantic coast made a political and ideological settlement with the British Empire. The ransom triggered war with the British, which was defeated in 1783.
50 States History
The extent of the United States increased greatly from independence until the mid-1800s, when the country stretched all the way west to the Pacific Ocean. The conquest and settlement to the west took place through wars and treaties with other countries, displacement of the indigenous population and an activist policy with incentives for citizens and business.
The expansion forced tensions between the northern and southern states to surface, and in the period 1861-1865 the states in the two regions fought a civil war that cost over half a million people their lives. The victory of the northern states led to the abolition of slavery and the strengthening of central power.
At the turn of the 20th century, cities in the United States gathered as many residents as the countryside. Mass immigration from Europe led to huge population growth. The United States became an industrial, economic and military superpower with a high level of prosperity. After World War II, the country was one of two global superpowers – the only one from the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Natural resources and energy in the world
Countries and Articles by Continent
- Kenya Mountains, Rivers and Lakes (3/14/2023) - According to baglib.com, Kenya is located in Eastern Africa and is bordered by Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. It covers an area of approx. 582,650 sq km with a coastline of 536 km along the Indian Ocean. The… ...
- Kenya Government and Political Parties (3/13/2023) - According to politicsezine, Kenya is bordered by five countries: Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia. To the west lies Uganda, a landlocked country with a population of over 44 million people. The capital city of Uganda is Kampala, which… ...
- Penney Farms, Florida (3/12/2023) - Penney Farms, Florida is a small town in Clay County located about 15 miles southwest of Jacksonville. The population of Penney Farms was estimated to be around 1,100 in 2019. The town is mostly rural and has a few small… ...
- Hahira, Georgia (3/11/2023) - Hahira, Georgia is a small town in Lowndes County with a population of 1,945 people according to the 2019 census. The geography of Hahira is mainly flat, but there are some rolling hills in the area. It is located on… ...
- Hilo, Hawaii (3/2/2023) - According to topschoolsintheusa, Hilo is located on the east side of the Big Island of Hawaii. It has a population of 43,263 people according to the 2010 U.S. Census. The city is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the east… ...
- Achille, Oklahoma (2/23/2023) - According to thembaprograms, Achille is a small, rural town located in Bryan County, Oklahoma. With a population of approximately 517 people, Achille is the smallest incorporated town in the state. Located just a few miles south of Durant, the county… ...
- Anahola, Hawaii (2/16/2023) - According to thembaprograms, Anahola, Hawaii is a small unincorporated community located on the eastern side of the Hawaiian island of Kauai. It is situated between Kapaa and Kilauea, two larger towns on the northeast shore. Anahola is a quiet and… ...
- Golden Triangle, India (2/9/2023) - The excursion program of the "Golden Triangle" covers the most famous and most interesting cities of central India. This is the route Delhi - Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri - Agra - Mathura - Vrindavan. The "tops" of the triangle are… ...
- How to Get to Kotor, Montenegro (2/2/2023) - By plane The nearest airport to Kotor is located just 8 km away - in neighboring Tivat. The air harbor accepts flights only during daylight hours. In case of delay or adverse weather conditions, the planes land in Podgorica, and… ...
- Cape Verde Energy and Environment Facts (1/30/2023) - Natural resources and energy Cape Verde lacks significant mineral resources. Mining's contribution to the economy is marginal, although there is some extraction of salt, gypsum and the puzzolan (volcanic ash used in cement production). Instead, the country's most important natural… ...