According to top-medical-schools, Hauula is a small town located on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. It is situated on the northeast corner of the island, just off Kamehameha Highway. The town is bordered by Laie to the north, Kahana to the east, and Punaluu to the south. The climate in Hauula is warm and tropical year-round, with temperatures rarely dropping below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius).
Hauula has a rich history that dates back centuries. It was once an important fishing village for ancient Hawaiians who would fish in nearby Kaneohe Bay. In more recent times, it was a popular tourist destination during World War II as soldiers stationed at nearby military bases would visit Hauula for recreation. Today, it remains popular among locals and tourists alike due to its natural beauty and laid-back atmosphere.
Politics in Hauula are run by a mayor-council system with five council members representing each of the five districts of the city. The mayor serves as both executive and legislative leader of Hauula’s government.
The economy of Hauula mainly revolves around tourism and fishing, with many locals working in hotels or restaurants that cater to visitors from all over the world. There are also some small businesses such as convenience stores and gas stations that serve local residents’ needs.
Education opportunities in Hauula are provided by two public schools – one elementary school and one high school – as well as several private schools offering education from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
When it comes to landmarks, there are plenty of places worth visiting in Hauula such as Waimea Bay Beach Park which offers spectacular views of the ocean; Kaʻelepulu Pond; Turtle Town which is home to numerous sea turtles; Laie Point which offers breathtaking views; and much more! No matter what you’re looking for – adventure, relaxation or just simply breathtaking scenery – you will find it all here in this small Hawaiian town!
Males: 1,782 (48.8%), Females: 1,869 (51.2%)
Zip code: 96717
Median resident age: 28.0 years
Median household income: $38,190
Median house value: $223,800
Races in Hauula:
- Two or more races (37.9%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (37.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (16.2%)
- Hispanic (9.8%)
- American Indian (3.8%)
- Japanese (2.3%)
- Chinese (1.3%)
- Filipino (1.2%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Other Asian (0.8%)
- Black (0.8%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (5.3%), Portuguese (3.8%), Irish (2.9%), English (2.6%), Italian (1.2%), Swedish (1.2%).
Elevation: 7 feet
Land area: 6.0 square miles
Hauula, Hawaii is a small community located on the North Shore of Oahu. It is home to approximately 8,500 people and has an average population density of 1,964 people per square mile. The majority of the population is made up of Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders, with smaller percentages of Caucasians and Asians. The median age in Hauula is 36 years old, with a slightly larger proportion of individuals over 65 years old than the national average. The median household income in Hauula is $61,000 per year which is slightly higher than the national average.
The town also has a rich cultural history that dates back centuries ago when it was first settled by Polynesian voyagers who sailed across the ocean in double-hulled canoes. Today, this culture still lives on through various traditional Hawaiian practices like luau feasts and hula performances that take place throughout the year. Additionally, there are many local businesses that serve both residents and visitors alike such as restaurants, shops, cafes and galleries that offer unique products from both Hawaiian designers and international makers alike. In addition to its cultural offerings, Hauula also offers beautiful beaches for swimming and surfing as well as hiking trails that provide breathtaking views of Oahu’s lush North Shore landscape.
For population 25 years and over in Hauula
- High school or higher: 77.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 21.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.6%
- Unemployed: 9.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 40.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hauula CDP
- Never married: 34.2%
- Now married: 53.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 5.6%
11.5% Foreign born (8.9% Oceania, 1.8% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Hauula:
- KAHUKU HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; KAHUKU, HI)
- WAHIAWA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; WAHIAWA, HI)
- KAPIOLANI MEDICAL CENTER AT PALI MOMI (about 16 miles; AIEA, HI)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hauula:
- HONOLULU INTL (about 21 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Abbreviation: HNL)
- MOLOKAI (about 66 miles; KAUNAKAKAI, HI; Abbreviation: MKK)
- LANAI (about 88 miles; LANAI CITY, HI; Abbreviation: LNY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hauula:
- DILLINGHAM AIRFIELD (about 19 miles; MOKULEIA, HI; Abbreviation: HDH)
- KALAELOA (JOHN RODGERS FIELD) (about 25 miles; KAPOLEI, HI; Abbreviation: JRF)
- KALAUPAPA (about 72 miles; KALAUPAPA, HI; Abbreviation: LUP)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hauula:
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY-HAWAII CAMPUS (about 3 miles; LAIE, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,273)
- LEEWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 15 miles; PEARL CITY, HI; Full-time enrollment: 3,511)
- HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,787)
- HAWAII PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 6,186)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA (about 22 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 14,113)
- KAPIOLANI COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; HONOLULU, HI; Full-time enrollment: 4,131)
- UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT HILO (about 235 miles; HILO, HI; Full-time enrollment: 2,434)
Public primary/middle school in Hauula:
- HAUULA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 289; Location: 54-046 KAMEHAMEHA HIGHWAY; Grades: PK – 06)