- Location : Dubai is the largest city in the United Arab Emirates. The emirate is located on the Arabian Peninsula in the Persian Gulf. The emirate borders the emirates of Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
- Continent : Asia
- Official languages : Arabic
- Population : 3.3 million (as of 2019)
- Currency : UAE Dirham (AED)
- Airport : Dubai International Airport
- Time difference Dubai : GMT + 4
- Visa : As a German citizen, you do not have to apply for a visa in advance. At Dubai International Airport you get a free visitor visa with a validity of 90 days. Important: The passport must be valid for at least six months. You can read more about this in the Dubai FAQ .
- Security : The United Arab Emirates are considered a safe country to travel to. The crime rate is low. Nevertheless, there are some guidelines you should pay attention to when traveling to Dubai. You can read more about this in the Dubai FAQ .
Climate and the best travel time for a vacation in Dubai
Still not quite sure in which month you would like to spend your vacation in Dubai? In general, it can be said that Dubai is a year-round destination , but the climatically moderate months of November to April represent the best travel time for Dubai. In addition to airy summer clothing, a thin jacket or a light sweater should also be carried with you in your luggage – it can get chilly in the evenings. I have now summarized further useful information about the temperatures and the climate in Dubai for you here:
- Best travel time for a beach holiday in Dubai : November, December, March and April – 27 to 32 ° C & up to 10 hours of sun
- Best travel time for sightseeing : November, December, January, February and March – 23 to 31 ° C & up to 9 hours of sun
- Best travel time for a cheap Dubai vacation : May to October and the fasting month of Ramadan (date varies) 35 to 40 ° C & up to 11h sun
In my travel calendar you will find detailed information on the best travel time for Dubai including a practical climate table:
Guru tip : Those who book their Dubai vacation outside the most popular travel time – for example in summer or Ramadan – often benefit from unique bargains. You can also get Dubai offers in Ramadan on this page.
Accommodations & hotels in Dubai
In hardly any other city you can expect so many cheap luxury hotels as in Dubai. If you’ve always dreamed of spending your vacation in a 5 star hotel, Dubai is the right vacation destination for you. How about, for example, a night in the famous Atlantis The Palm , one of the best hotels in Dubai, which was built on the hip man-made palm island and even has its own water park, the Aquaventure Waterpark ? But you can usually also choose the 4 star hotels or the super cheap Dubai hotels without hesitation. Whether you book your hotel within a Dubai package tour or flight and hotel want to search separately from each other is up to your preferences and individual wishes.
Guru tips for hotels in Dubai
- Canal Central Hotel // 5 star hotel on Dubai Creek
- Steigenberger Business Bay // 5 star hotel, in the city center
- Hilton Dubai Creek // 5 star hotel with roof pool and roof terrace
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown // 5 star hotel, located in the city center
- Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai // 5 star hotel with private beach and roof pool
Tip for booking : You can book the presented hotels with me individually or as part of a Dubai package tour. Simply click on the desired hotel in the hotel search and see the prices for the complete package.
Metro, airport transfers & rental cars in Dubai
Most places within the city are mainly approached by car . The vehicles are air-conditioned, which is an advantage given the warm temperatures in Dubai. Taxis are very affordable in Dubai, so you can get around Dubai without a rental car. The same applies to the airport transfer in Dubai . In addition to the many taxis, there is also a very modern metro here. It drives completely driverless and the train stops and the maglev trains themselves are air-conditioned. There are two metro lines and the tram and numerous buses that connect the important points of Dubai very well with each other. While the green metro line has 20 stations, the network of the red line currently has 29 stations. Just in time for the Expo, which will take place in Dubai in 2020 and 2021, further stations will be added.
There are different tickets for the Dubai Metro – NOL Silver, NOL Gold, NOL Blue, NOL Red and NOL Personalized Gold. For you as a vacationer, the NOL Red Ticket or the NOL Silver Ticket makes the most sense. A day ticket costs you 22 AED. There is a separate compartment for women and children , to which men are not allowed, you should definitely pay attention to that. Be sure to keep your metro ticket, because the ticket will be validated before boarding and after the journey you have to hold it again in front of the scanner at the turnstile so that you can leave the station.
Guru tip : Download the Careem and Uber apps onto your smartphone. You can use these apps to display the prices for taxi rides and to order a taxi.