A few weeks before the expected date of childbirth, mothers prepare the suitcase for delivery with the necessary for admission to hospital. When will the first contractions, it will be better to focus on the initiation of parturition and not have to think at the last minute to what to take with them for two or three days you will be away from home.
So here’s a handy Checklist to use to do not forget anything. And well anyway ask your hospital what is included and what to bring as cleansers and napkins, toilet seats, also you can visit also: Suitcase for the hospital. For the newborn.
- A map with all the documentation and the exams you’ve collected during your pregnancy.
- Nightgown or shirt, cotton and birthing practice, preferably open at the front. The first contact with your baby’s skin will be in the delivery room, as well as the first attempts to attach to the breast. It is therefore easier to have a sweetheart to unbutton the eventuality. Do not wear loose or value to the delivery: easily then wash them at high temperatures and would be ruined.
- 2 women’s Pajamas/nightshirts, always open at the front to facilitate breastfeeding.
- 1 Nursing bra and a lanolin cream for nipples, to relieve pain that could get the first attempts to attack the baby to the breast.
- 3/4 pairs of underwear, disposable paper maybe, since you may get dirty with blood. It also brings the tampons oversize, if the hospital does not provide them.
- 1 pair of slippers for,better if washable and 2/3 pairs of socks.
- 1 robe or sweater wide and open, to shoot in the lane.
- 1 vanity case: toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, SOAP, a moisturizer for the face and body, elastics or Barrettes for long hair, a brush…
- clothes to wear on the day of resignation: don’t wear maternity jeans when you were no baby bump, we probably wouldn’t be in ASAP! Better to opt for a few weeks, to the comfortable pregnancy clothes.
- Some candy, to resume energy during labor
- the phone chargers
- a device to listen to your music with headphones
- the mobile phone/camerato capture the first moments of your baby’s life
If there is already a little brother or sister:
- a picture to put on the nightstand in the hospital room.I feel always present, even when it has to go home and leave you there.
- a game, a surprise, something for him/her to perceive that moment as a party, such as the arrival of a gift.